1. Apply foundation in the center of your face and blend outward. This helps you get a natural-looking application and is extra important if you're sweeping your hair into an updo.
2. Make your eyelashes look amazingly long. Step one: Blast your eyelash curler with a hair dryer for two seconds so it heats up a little bit. Step two: Curl your lashes and apply mascara as usual. Step three: Look like a devastating bombshell.
3. Prepare for a downpour. Don't think of rain as a hair-ruiner — think of it as a chance to carry this cute DIY umbrella.
4. Remove lipstick from your dress. If disaster strikes in the form of rogue lipstick, use shaving cream to fix it. It sounds weird, but white shaving cream is nothing more than whipped soap that rinses easily and is gentler than straight suds. Just dampen the stain with a little bit of water and use a cloth to rub in the shaving cream. Then wipe away with a damp cloth.
5. Kill late onset frizz. Run a dryer sheet over your strands to minimize static.
6. Blot your lips the right way. Apply a coat of lipstick, blot with a tissue, and then apply a second coat. Doing so removes excess oil on your lips from the first application, so that the second one grips it better and will last all night.
7. Whiten your teeth in literally two seconds. A lipstick with blue undertones will make your teeth seem whiter. Plums, cherry, reds, purply pinks, or any shade with a silvery shimmer will do the trick.
8. Wearing your hair down? Give yourself a DIY deep-conditioning treatment. For shine-bright-like-a-diamond hair, comb deep conditioner through damp, clean hair and wrap your head with a towel. Let it penetrate for 10 minutes, then rinse with cool water.
9. Try this trick for flawless skin allover. Help blemishes or skin discolorations look less noticeable with a gold-flecked lotion, which deflects light away from any blemishes and gives skin a sexy sheen. Use it on bare skin, then wait 10 minutes before you step into your dress.
10. Max out your volume. The night before prom, use a clarifying shampoo—it will remove any residue, so you get major volume.