1. Get the perfect smoky eye. Hack your smokey eye by drawing a hashtag on the outer corner of your eyelid and smudging it out with a sponge. Keep drawing hashtags and smudging it out to get a darker, smokier look.
2. Apply deodorant to the sides of your feet. It will help prevent blisters from dancing in your heels all night.
3. Find those cheekbones. To determine where you should be dusting on bronzer powder, line up a cotton swab right below your cheekbone. Once you've found the correct placement, lightly trace the line under the Q-Tip with another cotton swab tip coated in bronzer. Then blend the bronzer in with another clean cotton swab tip (tugged on for that cotton candy-like texture) to diffuse the color for a more natural look.
4. Hold off on the shine coat. In photos, glossy lipstick can reflect light and create the appearance of a weird white dot on your mouth. Stick with a matte lip color and then layer something shiny on top later in the night if you want.
5. Get bobby pins to stay put. For better grip, flip the bobby pin over so the wavy side is against your head. The straight side is slicker and won't grip as well as the wavy, more textured side.