1. Give your makeup a selfie-run. Take a few photos of yourself after you do your makeup to catch things you don't see in the mirror, like if your shimmer is catching the light in a weird way, or if your contouring looks clown-ish.
2. Try a two-step lipstick application. Apply one shade all over your mouth, and then dot-and-blend a lighter color in the middle of your lips. The contrasting shades create dimension that makes your lips look hella full.
3. Tame your baby hairs. Spritz a toothbrush with aerosol hairspray, then use it to clean up stray hairs along your part and hairline. This works wonders if pesky flyaways are attempting to escape from your updo.
4. Say "prune" in pictures. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen reportedly say this word to nail that perfect close-lipped sneaky smile. It sounds ridiculous, but it also works.
Photo credit: Getty Images
5. Set your nail art like a pro. It sounds crazy, but using candle wax as glue makes 3D nail appliques last twice as long! Scrape off soft wax with a toothpick and dab onto the back of the mini crystals. Press them onto wet nails, and the wax will harden with the polish.
6. Blast your mani with a shot of cold air to help it dry faster. You have zero time to spare when you're getting ready, so get in front of your AC or use the cool button on your blow-dryer. The cold air hardens polish fast (just like in salons), making it last longer.
7. Get the perfect winged liner. We know, the flirty look isn't as easy as bloggers and YouTubers make it look! Use a piece of scotch tape to get that winged liner on lock.
8. Cover a prom-night pimple with primer. If you've got a zit that won't quit, dab eyeshadow primer on top of it to create a velvety surface and then apply your regular foundation on top of it. The primer is a long-lasting alternative to concealer, which can look flaky and rub off on an inflamed zit.
9. Half your lashes. Your fake ones, that is. Strip lashes are tricky to apply unless you have a lot of practice, so cut a strip and apply the half-pieces to the outer corners of your eyes for a super flirty look.
10. Spritz your neck. There's one last thing you should do before you head out the door: Spray perfume at the nape of your neck. Hair holds fragrance longer than skin, so the sweet smell will last throughout the dance.